Wednesday, August 11

Summer Lovin'


I think I'm in love. Ever since Anna Maria Horner's Little Folks line came out, I've been drooling over its Indian summer color scheme, ultra soft, almost silky, light weight texture and fabulous folksy patterns. But, I've been tentative to actually make anything with it. In fact, I bought some a while ago, but ended up just framing it because I didn't want to mess it up.

But, after seeing a friend's recent project with the voile, I gained a bit of courage to try sewing with it myself. I used Oliver + S's Ice Cream pattern to make a little blouse for Lucy. The voile sewed and washed beautifully. I was afraid the delicate fabric would snag easily, but it's actually really sturdy. Now, I'm itching to get some more voile in a solid to make shorts...


1 comment:

Janene said...

I WANT this pattern! So cute!