- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 vanilla bean seeds
- 10 cups 1/2-inch cubes crusty bread
- (like French bread or use egg based bread)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk milk and cream, pumpkin, dark brown sugar, eggs, spices, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean in large bowl to blend. Fold in bread cubes. Transfer mixture to 11x7-inch glass baking dish. Let stand 15 minutes. Bake pumpkin bread pudding until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- 1 1/4 cups (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
Melt the butter and brown sugar over medium heat in a heavy sauce pan. Whisk in the cream and stir until sugar is dissolved and sauce is smooth.
I got this recipe from Epicurious, but made a few tweaks to their recipe. If you'd like to view the original, click here.