Sunday, October 21

Baby Sister Jacket and Beret

 I had so much fun with the size 3 dressy coat that I decided to use a remnant to make a little jacket for a baby sister.  I used a simple jacket pattern as my basic front, back and sleeve guide. (Simplicity 3582).  
For the beret I used Simplicity Pattern 2745 but cut it one size smaller (about 1/4 inch).
 I made my own collar and stitched it on to neck, right side of collar to wrong side of jacket, flipped the collar over and pressed. Then I stitched down the seam allowance, easing as I went instead of a facing.  This only works with fleece.  
To finish the hem edge I cut a 2 inch strip of fleece about 1/3 longer than the width of the bottom of the jacket.  I finished one edge with a blanket binding stitch and gathered the other edge.  Easing gathers to fit , I stitched the ruffle to the jacket right sides together.  

1 comment:

Becca said...

cute! now we need a pic with anna and inara wearing them!