Friday, March 5

Jubilee!

Billy and I got a babysitter and headed down to the Clinton Presidential Library for the Jefferson PTA Jubilee Auction. The room was beautifully decorated with a live band playing in the background and a slide show of the elementary kids streaming on to a huge screen. We spent most of the night hovering around the dessert table and looking at the auction items.


I think my favorite part of the night was this adorable barber shop quartet from some local high schools. They did such good job. Look how cute they are! Move over Jonas Brothers!


Then, the main event... the live auction. I was equal parts excited and embarrassed to watch my quilt go up on the auction block.


SOLD! It went for $225 (much to my surprise!) to this cute mom in the scarf. All of the time I spent on those quilts paid off!


Then, on to our shift tending the bar. Billy and I have done this before as volunteers at our local (superbly managed) Repertory Theater. But, even with our previous experience, we were probably the least qualified people to be pouring wine and fetching beer. Most people were nice and patient as I would try to find the drink they requested. See me studying the label in confusion?


Every non-drinking bar tender's worst nightmare! A drop of wine splashed onto my finger and I instinctively went to lick it off. Luckily, I caught myself before it was too late! No Words of Wisdom were broken. Phew!


This is my friend Melissa, who has been working tirelessly on the Jubilee for months. I think she is smiling because it is almost over!


Billy and me toasting the exciting evening with our sodas.

3 comments:

wendy holt said...

Looks like it was a success!!! Hooray!

Candi said...

Congratulations on your quilt Becca! And I'm really relieved to hear you didn't break the WofW. Wouldn't want to fail our old YW leaders, eh?

mindy said...

I'm all caught up on you two now...I love all your projects. What talented women you are!! I"m so proud just to know you.