Thursday, April 22

Making Cookies With Grandma





For many years I fantasized about the day grandchildren would come to my house to make cookies with me. So when out of state grand daughters and our oldest grandson managed to visit at the same time this winter, my dream came true! Nothing says love like flour on your face and a shared bite of cookie dough. You can tell it was a dream because I am still in my pj's.

Grandma's Butter Cookies
3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 cup butter
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 T. milk
Blend all dry ingredients. Cut in flour. Combine with wet ingredients to make a stiff dough. Roll out to 1/4 inch thick and cut with cookie cutters. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes, depending on size and thickness. Remove when cookies just start to turn golden on the edges. Cool on pan for a minute and then on a rack. Frost and decorate as desired.

2 comments:

Becca said...

you can tell it's early morning cookie baking from your pjs. that's how we roll... cookies for breakfast!

wendy holt said...

my mom has this same dream. I think it might be standard for Grandms. Cookies for breakfast??? Awesome!