Friday, April 8

FINISHED!



Everyone's suggestions were great!  Thank you!  I finally decided on blue gingham to finish off the Dresden Plates.  I love how it turned out!  It is my first real quilt, made from a pattern, started over five years ago.  It feels SO good to have it finished after all this time.
 I am in love with all of the fabrics used for the petals-- all thanks to my wonderful mother-in-law, who understands the need for a well balanced stash. 
 I used a vintage sheet for the back.
 Maybe a little over kill with a dust ruffle I made a few years back-- most of the fabrics were from the same 30s reprint line.

7 comments:

Liz said...

beautiful!! i think the dust ruffle is pretty with it!

Chefwife said...

You are very talented. It looks terrific!

kristin said...

no way, the bedskirt is perfect! i love it!

Amy said...

I love it. I think the bedskirt ties it in nicely.

Janene said...

You did it!!!!!!!!
Congratulations. But I think you started this quilt when Lucy was a todler, more like 7 years ago. It is a gorgeous quilt and I am so proud of you for finishing it. This will be a family heirloom.

mimisuu said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I love the bed skirt with this. I have so many different projects going on right now but this makes me want to start your pattern right now!

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

Wow, Becca, I'm impressed. It's beautiful. An heirloom!