Monday, June 13

Mango Jicama Slaw

                           ++
                                    +=



Hands down, this is the easiest and tastiest thing I've made all summer.  It is really hot here (have I mentioned it's hot?) and I've been packing this salad in our cooler and munching on it poolside whilst my little ones cool off in the tepid mid-June waters.  I think this salad has internal chilling properties which makes it the perfect thing to eat to combat sweating glistening (this is the South-- women glisten) in the sun.  I love how much flavor and texture you get with just four, seasonal ingredients. Four ingredients!  It just doesn't get easier than that!  
Yum, yum!  

Mango Jicama Slaw
1/2 jicama (peeled and julienned)
1 ripe mango (diced)
4-5 teaspoons cilantro (minced)
juice of 1 to 2 limes

Mix the jicama, mango, and cilantro together in a bowl. Add lime juice (to taste).  Toss and serve.

photo source   photo source   photo source   photo source

1 comment:

Janene said...

It was a hit at our Taco Bar Grad party! Delicious!