Thursday, February 16

New Years Report

Over the New Year's weekend, we took a quick trip up to Kentucky to visit my brother and his family.
We had a blast and a much needed excursion. 
All along the freeway and throughout the little city they live in, there were quilt squares on barns and buildings.   Apparently, each family had a certain block design and they would display it in painted fashion on or near their homes.  Kind of like a coat of arms.  
Very cool!
I couldn't get any good pics of the barns, but here are some that were displayed on old store fronts.
Kentucky is such a beautiful place.  Rolling green hills.  Picturesque white fences.  And even a castle.
I got to have some fun doing a little photo shoot of my nephews.  They are so darling.  Lucy and Henry had a blast playing with their cousins.



We had some delicious meals, good conversation and some experimentation with this.

2 comments:

Janene said...

Those quilt squares on the barns is almost enough to make me want to live there!

Love your photos of the boys. I don't think I saw the ones you posted of Jaron. So sweet!

Liz said...

i love the quilt of arms! what a neat idea!