Saturday, December 3

Hawaiian Christmas

Hoping to warm up the heart of one grand daughter this Christmas with my version of the newest American Girl doll, a contemporary girl from Hawaii.

Using doll clothes patterns I already had as a guide for size, I fashioned a kimono top sun dress accented with a ruffle and fabric flower. There is a velcro closure in the back. I cut up an old beach towel to make a doll size towel. The big beach bag has a layer of stiff interfacing in between the fabric and lining. Bias tape is stitched closed for the handles.

It was hard to find spring blooms even in fake flowers at the craft stores, but I cut up a couple of bunches I did find and sewed them into a lei.
I found the octopus (stress ball) and ice cream cone (lip gloss) at Michael's. The shells are from the Washington coast!
Aloha!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Lucy was standing right next to me when I opened this post!! Almost let the cat out of the bag, but thankfully she was in the middle of a tantrum and didn't notice!!